Avery Coleman Scores Her 200th Career Goal for Sidwell

Sidwell Friends
Avery Coleman has scored 200 career goals for the Sidwell Girls Varsity Lacrosse Team during her three years at the high school.

Even though we didn’t end up winning the game, it was one of the best games our team played.

— Avery Coleman '25

On April 30, junior Avery Coleman marked her 200th career goal for Sidwell Girls Varsity Lacrosse against Bullis School at their home field. 

With around four minutes remaining in the match, Coleman won a foul within eight meters of the goal, making the final score 13-14. Although the game ended in a loss for the Quakers, Bullis is in a higher division, and the score represented the energy that Sidwell brought to the game. 

“Even though we didn’t end up winning the game, it was one of the best games our team played,” Coleman said. “We were not upset at all with the result and used the loss as motivation for what we can do.”

Coleman joined the Sidwell community her freshman year, and has been playing for the varsity lacrosse team since. She mainly plays midfield and attack and has committed to continue playing lacrosse at Dartmouth. She also joined the girls varsity soccer her sophomore year.

Coleman’s favorite part about playing for Sidwell’s lacrosse program, she mentioned the team culture. “Everyone is friends with everyone,” which she believed created “ an uplifting environment.”

“Even off the field, the friendships I have made on this team have lasted for so long and will continue to develop and get stronger,” Coleman concluded.